Wednesday, April 7, 2010

chasing airplane shadows

I don't know about you guys, but I'm just dumbfounded by the amount of information out there and trying to sort through it. Maybe it's because all the airlines I've been tasked with are frickin huge, but I'm finding it nearly impossible to distill out many factors of success for these airlines, much less "smart" things about them. How the hell am I going to be able to figure out why British Air is successful (they're not, really)?

My thoughts are that I need a different approach. This is just too vague for me. I could be reading articles from now until next year and still not really grasp the complexity.

Would it be more efficient to really nail the creative class down well and then start looking for examples of airlines that are catering the them successfully.

The more I read about the creative class, the more ideas and insight I'm getting. Not so much for the airline research. Anyone else finding this to be the case?

Any suggestions?

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I'm finding some similar issues. It's hard to come up with concrete material on why these guys are successful or not in relation to our identified users.

    ReplyDelete